African Safari Catering Menu
African cuisine is as diverse as the cultures that call the continent of Africa home. Our African Safari Catering Menu is a collection of our favorite dishes from the endless bounty found in the cradle of civilization. The African Catering menu will take you on a safari through the Serengeti and the African jungles from Morocco to Madagascar. This delicious food will make you move it move it as you hear the drums beating in the background. Even the Lions would take pride in this menu and your guests will achieve a true sense of Hakunamatata.
$40 per person plus staff & 20% service fee- 50 guest minimum
100 Guest+ - $35 per person + staff & 18% service fee
200 Guest+ - $30 per person + staff & 15% service fee
300 Guest+ - $28 per person + staff & 12% service fee
400 Guest+ - $26 per person + staff & 9% service fee
- Originating in the Northern Coast of Africa, both delicious and tender. Bison Meatballs are blended with spices from its neighbooring countries, braised in Curry and Coconut Milk, and Garnished with fresh Culantro.
Piri Piri Chicken
- With roots in both African and Portuguese culture, this spicy dish is sure to liven your taste buds. Boneless Chicken thighs marinated for 24 hours in a Piri Sauce featuring Zested Lemons, Garlic, Ginger and Chili Peppers. Grilled onsite and garnished with Lemon Wheels and Fresh Cilantro.
Moroccan Lamb Shank
- Our bone in Moroccan Lamb Shank is aromatic, slightly sweet, spicy and braised for hours in a Harissa broth. Garnished with fresh mint and sliced toasted almonds, this dish is not only beautiful, but flavorful too.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- A Seasonal Root Vegatable medley including Malanga Root, Purple Potatoes, Curried Carrots, Parsnips, Spanish Yams, and Sweet Potatoes. Roasted to perfection, tossed in curried orange blossom honey; garnished with Fresh Thyme and Oregano
- A beloved dish in Western Africa and The Ivory Coast. A staple for African Weddings, Jollof Rice is made with long grain rice, palm oil, fresh tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic and cumin and garnished with fresh scallions and sliced citrus.
East African Mango and Cucumber Salad
- A refreshing selection inspired by the hot African Savannah. Cool down with a refreshing mix of fresh sweet mango and cucumber tossed in house made African Chermoula Dressing
Naan Bread with Mint Yogurt
- From the banks of the Nile River down to bustling Cape Town. Naan bread ties all of Africa's unique cuisines together
(V) designates vegetarian menu option
Suggested Pairing Recommendations
CH DE LA ROULERIE ANJOU BLANC - Bright, fruity, zesty, with mellow honey tones and is becoming something of a signature style for the country. Known more famously for its regal status in France’s Loire Valley, the grape is often called Steen in South Africa.
SPIER PINOTAGE VINTAGE - South Africa- Grown on South Africa's Coastal Region this Pinotage emphasizes elegance in its dark ruby color with aromas of roasted almonds, fresh cherries, hints of tobacco and a soft creamy palate. A perfect selection to pair with meat, poultry and roasted vegetables.
LAGUNITAS IPA - California - American India Pale Ale (IPA). This is Lagunitas' unique version of an ancient style. It is made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts. This IPA is full of flavor with notes of spice, roasted malts, caramel, and citrus fruit.