African Safari Catering Menu
African cuisine is as diverse as the cultures that call the continent home
African cuisine is as diverse as the cultures that call the continent home. Our African Safari Catering Menu is a collection of our favorite dishes from the endless bounty found in the cradle of civilization. The African Catering menu will take you on a safari through the Serengeti and the African jungles from Morocco to Madagascar. This delicious food will make you move. Your guests will achieve a true sense of Hakunamatata.
$35 per person plus staff & 20% service fee
160 Guest+ - $30 per person + staff & 18% service fee
320 Guest+ - $25 per person + staff & 15% service fee
480 Guest+ - $23 per person + staff & 12% service fee
640 Guest+ - $21 per person + staff & 9% service fee
Ras El Hanout Pork Chops
- Succulent and savory, these juicy chops will take your taste buds on a culinary journey through the vibrant flavors of North Africa. Seasoned with a rich and complex blend of aromatic spices and grilled onsite.
- Boneless chicken thighs marinated in zested lemons, garlic, ginger, and chili peppers for 24 hours before being grilled to perfection onsite. Served with garnished lemon wheels and fresh coriander.
- This aromatic mixture of chickpeas and candied almonds creates a colorful and nutritious dish that transports you to the vibrant markets of Morocco. Served with a garnish of figs, fresh parsley, and cilantro.
Curried Honey Glazed Root Vegetables
- Root vegetables, including malanga root, purple potatoes, curried carrots, parsnips, yams, and sweet potatoes, roasted to perfection and tossed in a curried honey glaze. Garnished with fresh thyme and oregano.
- A beloved dish in Western Africa and the Ivory Coast, Jollof Rice is a staple at African weddings. Made with long-grain rice, palm oil, ginger, and garlic, this dish is garnished with fresh scallions and sliced citrus.
East African Mango and Cucumber Salad
- Inspired by the hot African savannas, this refreshing salad features a mix of fresh sweet mango and cucumber tossed in a house-made African chermoula dressing.
Naan Bread with Mint Yogurt
- From the banks of the Nile River down to bustling Cape Town, naan bread ties together all of Africa's unique cuisines. Served with a refreshing mint yogurt dipping sauce.
Suggested Pairing Recommendations
CH DE LA ROULERIE ANJOU BLANC - Bright, fruity, zesty, with mellow honey tones and is becoming something of a signature style for the country. Known more famously for its regal status in France’s Loire Valley, the grape is often called Steen in South Africa.
SPIER PINOTAGE VINTAGE - South Africa- Grown on South Africa's Coastal Region this Pinotage emphasizes elegance in its dark ruby color with aromas of roasted almonds, fresh cherries, hints of tobacco and a soft creamy palate. A perfect selection to pair with meat, poultry and roasted vegetables.
LAGUNITAS IPA - California - American India Pale Ale (IPA). This is Lagunitas' unique version of an ancient style. It is made with 43 different hops and 65 various malts. This IPA is full of flavor with notes of spice, roasted malts, caramel, and citrus fruit.